Please note: Effective May 1st, 2012, The Reel News postings will no longer be publicly available and will be switching to a private e-mail list. Please e-mail kristina [at] worldeonline [dot] com for more information.
1. WHO WE ARE: RAW: natural born artists is an indie arts organization that focuses on showcasing independent talent in film, fashion, music, visual art, performing art, hair & makeup etc.
RAW spotlights talent in local artistic communities on a monthly basis. RAW is a nationwide organization with city location showcases in 25 metropolitan cities across the U.S. and now we are looking for the best and brightest in media and coordinators to help launch a brand new Indianapolis showcase location.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: RAW is now looking for an experienced videographer to shoot and edit monthly events that include 20-30 short video interviews per month/showcase.
Are you used to working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a positive and energetic person? Do you have an insane amount of love for the arts? Can you meet deadlines? Are you organized? Are you a time management wizard? Looking to build your portfolio and your clientele? Willing to give one event a month (for 8 months) all that you got? If so, RAW:natural born artists might be a fit for you.
We're looking for a deadline driven, professional individual with keen communication skills, creative editing and an overall drive to passion for their work.
JOB DESCRIPTION: A local RAW Videographer will be required to shoot a monthly showcase event once a month. Capturing video footage of performances, fashion shows, art displays etc. The Videographer must host and produce 20-30 two-minute video interviews with each of RAW's showcased artists. These videos will need to be edited on a 3 week deadline and delivered to each artist via our Youtube.com channel. Videographers are expected to be professional, creative and detail oriented.
This job title is a great way to give back to the underground creative community in your area, build new relationships with local artists and in turn market your services.
CONTRACT TERM: 8 MONTHS APRIL-NOVEMBER 2012 (one event a month)
PAY: $3,600 for term = $450/month $200 to shoot, $250 to edit
Contract may be renewed for an additional season, if work is satisfactory
Submit your resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio of past videography/editing works to the e-mail provided above.
Learn more @ www.RAWartists.org
1. East End Productions, LLC is creating a team of free-lance videographer-editors interested in being utilized in a per-project basis. We are looking for those with a deep skill-set and capable of doing a complete production from concept to delivery of end product.
We are looking for those with their own DSLR equipment and Final Cut editing suite, with a solid knowledge in videography, lighting, sound, editing and motion graphics.
Additional equipment may be provided, such as lighting and sound.
All projects will be paid.
We are looking for those who exemplify professionalism, responsibility, solid communication skills and have respect for what they do. In addition, we are searching for those who care about the art of production and believe in authentic communication!
Please send the following:
2. Contact Information
3. Personal Biography, guiding principles and aspirations
5. Link to sample reel
End End represents a wide-range of clients and the business is growing exponentially. We are looking for dependable and impressive individuals who believe in giving 110% to what they do.
Thank you for your time and your interest!
Send all applications to : email@example.com
1. Edit House Productions, LLC is searching for a Male, age 35-45 for on-camera talk-and-draw piece that will be produced for and appear on the world wide web.
Similar to (the link is above): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-23mkL69ic&feature=related
This person MUST BE a good, fast illustrator of simple outlines (human profiles, body shape, globes, a cheetah running, maybe a few others). These will be combined with a few words and numbers. Production similar to the short UPS web videos on the internet.
Filming week of 4/9, date/time TBD.
$600 for 1/2 day session/talent fee.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Diamond Entertainment Productions is current accepting resumes for PRODUCERS only, regarding our upcoming Feature Film “Angus”. Principal photography estimated to begin in Fall 2012.
All positions are paid. Please forward all resumes to email@example.com. Thank you. This listing is for PRODUCERS ONLY, no other crew is being sought at this time.
All experience levels welcome to apply. Prefer a person(s) skilled in fund raising, marketing, and/or public relations. Producer(s) will be responsible for raising funds for the movie, formulating/executing distribution plans, and coordinating marketing efforts with Executive Producers. Producers(s) must be creative, detailed oriented, efficient, and able to work with and independent of Executive Producers.
2. We are looking for crew to shoot a short film entitled "Technical Support", written by AFI award winner David Greenberg, and Produced/Directed by award winner Bernard Gray.
This will be a one day shoot taking place mid to late May of 2012. The film will be showcased via the production companies website and will be entered into select festivals.
This is a micro budget film and all crew will receive a stipend of $25, meals on set, and a copy of the completed film.
We are open to professionals of all experience levels.
-Director of Photography - Experienced with HDV and DOF adapter or with camera package
-Camera Assistant Grip
-1st AD/Script Supervisor
-Make-Up Artist/Hair Stylist
Please direct resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. "Object Eleven" now accepting resumes for the following positions:
DP (With equipment. Production has an AF100)
Chief Lighting Tech/ Gaffer /Key Grip (All in one, equipment preferred)
Grips / Lighting Technicians
Production Assistant Interns (Unpaid)
Location Sound Mixer (Audio gear must be included in rate)
Art Director / Production Designer / Decor / Props (All in one)
Make-up / Hair / Wardrobe (All in one)
Post Sound Mixer (Must be able to deliver distributor requirements)
Visual FX Artist (2D & 3D) / Compositor / Supervisor
Crew positions will be Paid.
Submit resumes to:
1. Are you proficient in Movie Magic, PDF, and MS Word?
I need hands-on instruction in writing, editing and Emailing documents using this software. I also need help with typing and other administrative task, research, and marketing of spec scripts and related documents to the film industry in Hollywood.
Part-time, flexible schedule to be arranged weekly, hourly rate, car or other reliable transportation necessary to travel to Waltham (Metro West).
Resume and references required.
Contact Details: Frederick Wax - Individual, 781-894-4571, 781-266-6892, or email@example.com
2. Looking for a basic makeup artist, a set chef, and a script supervisor
for a 16 day shoot in may. Also need a storyboard artist. Please contact for more info.
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. MC2 is an active Community Media Center seeking an energetic Executive Director to manage their newly formed local PEG Access cable television and production operation. The successful candidate will be charged with attracting new programming, developing partnerships with community based organizations, assess staffing needs, and enhance the membership base through exciting training course offerings. MC2 seeks a resourceful self-starter with excellent communication and technical skills who can work effectively with town government, schools, and the community at large to create and implement a plan to enhance the utilization of this important local resource.
* Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the day-to-day operations;
* Establish and manage operating and capital equipment budgets;
* Develop other sources of income such as sponsorship opportunities;
* Maintain inventory of studio equipment and identify short and long term needs;
* Recruit and train volunteers and interns to cover local events and produce new shows;
* Oversee current membership and develop new programming to include regularly scheduled School and Municipal board meetings; sports, music and theatrical events; and other local happenings representative of the Milford community;
*Work cohesively with the School Department to enhance television production curriculum thereby increasing the amount of programming on the educational channel;
* As the primary face of MC2 - establish a professional rapport with Town officials, key business and non-profit leaders, church and social groups, PTO’s, coaches and ecumenical members;
*The Executive Director is responsible for cable casting and streaming video and must respond to or make provisions for unscheduled situations.
* A minimum of 3 years of technical experience in cable/broadcast/television production and familiarity with PEG Access Media Centers and equipment;
* Proven leadership skills in business, technical and creative areas;
* Bachelors degree preferable or a combination of education and experience;
* Be a team player who is a motivated self-starter with a willingness to be actively involved in a diverse Greater Boston community.
* Knowledge of new social media on the Internet such as Facebook, Twitter, VOD, Streaming, blogging, podcasting, and other technologies as they evolve.
MC2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive benefits. The successful candidate will be tendered a salary commensurate with his/her experience.
Deadline for Application: April 15, 2012.
Send applications and cover letters via email to: Bob@sraboston.net
1. Hydraulx is a uniquely designed and operated facility steps from the beach in Santa Monica, CA.
As a full service effects house, Hydraulx has the versatility to provide high quality visual effects regardless of the size or scope of the project.
We hold two basic tenants:
1) Hire the best artists
2) Keep them supplied with the latest tools and technology available.
The result is a highly efficient team of talented artists and consistently groundbreaking work in a broad range of applications. With less bureaucracy and a core group of in-house talent (producers, programmers, photographers & designers), we decrease overhead while increasing project flexibility. Therefore artists are free to explore creative problem solving with other like minded professionals.
Recent credits include but not limited to:
Other credits include but not limited to:
With looking forward to our Spring & Summer slate of projects; we are seeking these artists to join our dynamic, incomparable team.
Cloth & Hair TD's with high level technical skills mixed with strong artistic sensibilities.
Artists will be responsible for the behavior and look of mainly clothing, hair, and fur.
Experience must include:
-Shave & a haircut
-Mel or python scripting
Please send a link to your work, availability & rate info to:
Must be authorized to work in the USA
2. Mirada, a company designed for storytellers, is seeking a Character Rigging Lead with immediate availability for commercial and feature projects.
Our Character Rigging Lead will work directly with VFX Supervisors, CG Supervisors, Animators, Modellers and Lighters.
The Character Rigging Lead manages the development of character rigs and animation interfaces and controls and manages the work of character riggers. Works collaboratively with pipeline in the development software scripts, codes and tools that support animators and the studio. Rigging lead must have a thorough knowledge of anatomy and joint placement with strong understanding of facial muscles and experience in facial joint constructions. The lead manages research and development activities required to achieve creative vision. Participates in developing short-to mid-term operating plans for assigned function including resource requirements, schedules and performance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Help establish suitable work techniques and workflow environment for other rigging team members
Work closely with animation team and supervisors to produce and rigging systems and test rigs for production
Will tackle the articulate rigging of shots efficiently and effectively
Complete and deliver shots and sequences that are creatively and technically excellent
Will report to CG and visual effects supervisor
. Possesses expert knowledge of Maya including skeleton tools and skin-weighting procedures.
. Experience working in a Linux environment is required.
. Experience with character simulation and secondary animation procedures a plus.
. Programming ability, Python scripting proficiency and software development experience preferred.
. Must have good problem-solving skills.
. Be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
. Be able to take direction from supervisors and structure daily work flow so that changes can be made efficiently .
· Minimum of 5 years experience.
For consideration, please send resume/website/reel/availability to Katie at email@example.com.
3. Los Angeles Production Company – seeking an Illustrator/animator with mastery in Photoshop and experience with Flash and After Effects. Traditional animation a plus. Must have good design sense and a flexible design style.
How to Apply
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, reel/portfolio and rate information.
4. I need a colorist for my upcoming short experimental fantasy film. The film is about a secret organization whose mission is to spread electronic dance music all around the NYC to change people’s pov and cure the social problems in the city. The colorist should be an expert on music videos and also has to have solid understanding of visual effects. Must have his own set-up. The trailer is done for the movie. The pictures is locked. The movie shot with Canon 5d. Duration is 22-23 minutes. Please respond with a link to some of your works. Thank you.
315 560 2826
1. GRAVE DECISION, a dark comedy buddy action film is shooting in the Toledo area, June 3 thru June 22, 2012 and is seeking local paid crew and will be making selections over the next two weeks.
CREW positions needed
Art Dept. assistants, Hair & Makeup assistants, Office PAs, grips, set PAs Crew interviews to be conducted in Toledo.by appointment. Those interested should email to email@example.com
1. We need an experienced special effects make up artist to create realistic Cancer patients in various stages of cancer and also distinguished looking Medical Doctors and a sad dissilutioned down and out former top Oncologist for an independent feature film to be shot in Manhattan New York from May 7th to 14th. Pays $250/ 12 hour day. Day starts at 7 am. Please send resume and photos or website to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. One Day on Earth seeks Spanish-speaking Associate Producer
One Day on Earth is a United Nations partnered, collaborative media project, that documents the World's story. On 10/10/10, participating filmmakers captured footage in every country on Earth, and this footage was used to create a feature length documentary film, to be screened world-wide this Earth Day (April 22nd, 2012).
In order to help organize screenings of the film all over the world, we are in need of a bi-lingual, Spanish-speaking producer. Ideally, this person would have experience working with international organizations and non-profits.
The candidate must be able to commit full time April 2-22. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com ONLY if you meet these requirements.
3. Major NY Production company looking for an Assistant Editor/Media Manager for nights and weekends. Starts immediately. You must have strong Avid skills, tapeless workflow and experience on cable series is a plus. Work will include ingesting footage, setting up batch conversions, logging, grouping and stringouts.
Fully paid. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration and please ONLY apply via EMAIL if you are an AE/Media Manager. No other positions will be considered at this time and only emails with resumes will be taken.
1. Accomplished Boulder screenwriter with sales of motion pictures and major TV credits seeks organized and disciplined assistant to help in an administrative capacity. Assistant's duties will include organization of materials, drafting of query letters, managing correspondence with agents and mailing scripts. Great way to gain valuable skills and contacts in the entertainment industry. Please reply with resume to email@example.com . Salary negotiable.
1. Seeking freelance producer/editor in DC area. Temporary position. This is a short-term immediate need for an experienced on-air news promotion writer/editor/producer. Candidate must have minimum 3-4 years hands-on editing experience on Avid Adrenaline, excellent promo writing skills, proficiency with Photoshop and AfterEffects in a local television station environment. Familiarity with ENPS newsroom computer system a plus. Please provide resume reel, and/or a link to your portfolio. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. My Christian Films is a non-profit 501 C (3) organization and we are looking for volunteers that have experience in the field of television media, and also those that want to learn in the field of television with regards to running episodes and tv contcnt. We are looking for the following positions to fill: Camera, Sound, Lighting, Floor Directing, Editing, Hosting, Interviewing, promotion, admin, sales and graphics. If you are interested in and have experience in anything we have mentioned please email at email@example.com with your experience and volunteering schedule or you can call 407-374-6687 and we will contact you with more information.
No Pingbacks for this post yet...
|<< <||> >>|
Stay connected for updates on The Reel TV Network's show schedules and news!